For instructions on how to wash and care for a specific type of hat, please select from the list below:
Mad Cap Hats are built tough and most styles can be machine washed. However, we recommend hand washing for most of our summer headwear.
Your hat is handmade from 100% cotton fabrics or cotton/linen blends. We try to buy all our fabrics from sources in North America. Fabrics have been pre-shrunk before sewing but trim pieces make handwashing the best method of cleaning.
- Ties with toggles, belt loops, and other trims all do better when they are cleaned gently.
- For spot cleaning, use a mild dish detergent to lift oil and grease stains. Fabric detergent is the best for overnight soaking.
- In both cases, rinse and air dry.
- Hats will bounce back to shape with a quick steam ironing on the cotton setting.
- Brims are designed to be worn turned up or down!
During sewing, each piece of your hat is lined with a dense polyester fibre for added shape and excellent SPF protection. Enjoy!